Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 May 2007 12:39:02 -0700
Subject:      Re: Carrying moped
Comments: To: Larry Himli <lhimli@AOL.COM>

Most European trailer hitches that I have seen come with a 75kg (circa 150lbs) tong weight restriction. These are the ones with three M12 bolts per frame rail. Most two bolt per frame rail hitches are 50kg. So, when choosing a hitch, make sure that you have sufficient load carrying capacity. Personally I think 200lbs is going to be the absolute limit of what you can carry.

Good luck on the project - I'm considering getting a 250cc KTM but will more than likely trailer it.

Cheers!

David Marshall

http://www.hasenwerk.ca http://www.fastforward.ca

Box 4153, Quesnel BC, Canada V2J 3J2

On Tue, May 22, 2007 12:11, Larry Himli wrote: > I never had an interest in putting on a trailer hitch because it seemed > like > > those available were incapable of pulling much. I remember that there is > a > > style that bolts to the towing hooks at the rear. I'm looking to buy and > > carry a 200 pound Honda Ruckus. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks > > >