Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 May 2007 15:45:19 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Propane regulator replacement on ASI conversion
Comments: To: Ellen in Oregon <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM>

Ellen, Yes, it does make a difference which way the gas flows through the regulator and there should be an arrow stamped on the regulator indicating such. And if you look at this page:

http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=2447&category_id=129&category_parent_id= that is the small end pointing toward the valve. You also see the small plastic covers, which replace the old complete cover on the old Westy regulators. And to add to or clarify what I said (and based on others comments :)), the Westy tank has a heavy attached gravel guard which somewhat protects the regulator. I don't see one on your ASI tank. Yes, the vent SHOULD face down to help keep it free of debris, but somehow, I got two of the new style with the vent facing in the direction of gas flow. On the '90 #1 tank, I re-worked the old cover to fit. On the '90 #2 tank, I had to make a new cover out of an old Tupper-ware like container and some nylon zip-ties! Okay, you can all stop laughing now. They work and I've had no problems. So, I guess I still think a new box might be best. Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ellen in Oregon" <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Propane regulator replacement on ASI conversion