Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 May 2007 19:24:24 -0700
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Curtains, magnets, etc.
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@gmail.com>

I bought a few extremely strong magnets at a swap meet recently with the same intentions. However, it occurred to me that just by carrying them, if I'm not careful, I can mess up my watch, my credit cards, my cell phone, my GPS, my PDA, and my computer, not to mention parts of the van that I don't even know about!

I know there are some locations in the van that would be safe for the magnets, but I'm not sure that I would constantly remember to keep my "at risk" devices away from them - especially my cell phone and watch. So I took them to work and use them to stick things onto my file cabinets and my metal display board! They also make a great doorstop! If I need to keep my door open at work I just stick a magnet in the metal door jamb so the door won't close all the way. Patti ************************************** On 5/27/07, John Bange <jbange@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > Very cool, useful things, magnets......especially in my van, which is > > metal, not plastic... > > > Yeah, the "metal van" thing is handy. I have a neodymium magnet mount for > my > fancy Garmin Nuvi GPS. I went to find a place to stick it in my '99 Chevy > work van.... nothing. Nothing at all. The entire exposed interior space up > front is plastic, or metal covered in thick foam/vinyl. I ended up having > to > cut a slot in the cheap plastic dash facing to mount a steel plate for > the > magnet. I don't even want to think about all the plastic parts that are > crumbling and cracked.... > > -- > John Bange > '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger" >