Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 May 2007 21:04:46 -0500
From:         Bart Holmquist <barth@UNLSERVE.UNL.EDU>
Subject:      BART: was Re: Loose Wind Wings 94 Vanagon

Sorry for the typo: it is an 84. And yes i am totally surprised at the great advice I have obtained but even more so at the BART transit references. Last time I was in SF BART was on the drawing board and i was ready to take issue for them using my name. On another issue, i have just removed the gas refrig as someone had cut a 4 in hole in the top to be able to insert a single burner propane cylinder into the location of the original burners. It looks OK otherwise. Is there an interest out there for parts? I installed a thermoelectric cooler in its stead. For a stove i am using my propane two burner camping one. Took it 600 miles on my first outing and all was OK (kept it at 50 to 55 and got 24 mpg) except that it ran dreadfully until I moved the plug wires away for metal parts on the engine. Apparently it was last owned by a teenager who knows nothing about cars. Every nut (trans and engine oil, etc.) are torked at above 100!! f.t lb., it seems, needing a1/2 in breaker bar to loosen. Also, for every screw I have removed in repairs, two are missing!. Biggest discovery (in my ignorance that he indicated that the air was only missing the compressor) was to find that the evaporator in the rear above the seats is also missing! Not sure how I will address that, though I do nave a small window conditioner that fits in the passenger side window. PS I am 64 and going back in time and fulfilling an old dream of having a Westy. My first and it was cheap. Thanks all, and great list! Bart