Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 May 2007 15:34:28 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: head-aches
Comments: To: Andrew Richards <Andrew.Richards@NIKE.COM>

Mmm.... sorry but maybe it's my English but what do you mean by "mixture of oil and coolant", this is an important question.

As for AMC head, lately, i make the head surface (where the rubber gasket goes) more.... rought, i sand this one all around to give more grip between the head and the gasket, also, those head are packed oily, that film of oil need to be remove. Ask your mechanic what kind of scealant does he put on the head/gasket.

Now, if you have a digital camera, take a picture and posted somewhere or send it to me... i wanna see.

Something is done wrong AR, i did a lot of engine re-seal, a lot, and some had old pitted heads put back, of what i know today, none of those 60+ Wasser are leaking. One of the most risky job i did, almost a patch with very dammage head, this van is still running strong today, it now as 40k miles on that, what a though very sick/risky engine...

Cheers, Ben