Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 May 2007 22:07:34 -0400
From:         Sam Conant <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is Quebec invading the Outer Banks? [NVC]
Comments: To: Matt Roberds <mattroberds@COX.NET>
Comments: cc: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Bon Ouis; H'aim speekin now h'in dat patoise h'i lern frum ma h'unkle meny yeer h'ago...dat man? She wuz frum dat Quebecois town dey call d Iberville, an 'e cum down tu da Verd Mont wid is mudd-er wan 'ee wuz bout de tertene yeer ole.

h'anee waze ... 'e tot mois dat wan duz nawt sped bout dat man from Quebec h'in dat bad h'wai ... No!

Cuz dat win? She cum down on dat ole Lac Champlain ... dat win? She blo h'on Lac Champlain. She blo lac el she du! An, u no dat nu blu Sonoco Gaz? She mak u go so fas .... She blo u back h'up an out dat lac ... she poosh u all dat way h'out to dat Quebec an h'on tu dat Gaspe"? An p'ritee sune, u no? u fine urself h'in dat 'Lantic h'ocean on ur way to France ... Den ... u no u h'in sum trub-al, bi gar!

So, mes amis ... Don u bee makin dat fun fer dat ole Quebecois, Ben, an 'is brekfas fude!

Wid Apologee tu Ben ....

But, I have an entire collection of Quebecois storees in the patois ... which I once was known to read for various folk society groups here and about .... and, truth is, my adult male role model was truly a great person, an uncle, who had the h'acsent .... from Iberbille, PQ, Canada ....

Sam Conant Colc-chest-er, Verd Mont ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Roberds" <mattroberds@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:18 PM Subject: Re: Is Quebec invading the Outer Banks? [NVC]

> From: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> > Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 00:47:30 -0400 > > They eat English folks for breakfast. Brrrr... scary French Qebecker! > [...] Anyway, any of you is welcome anytime in Quebec, i'll make sure > you have fun and feel welcome.... mmmmm.... good breakfast :-)

1-450-310-4141

"Bonjour, Sûreté du Québec."

"Bonjour, je suis désolé, mais je peux seulement parler anglais."

"Ah. Juste un moment. <click> Quebec Police, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, I need to tell you about this guy named Ben who says he runs a garage in St-Hubert. People bring him Volkswagen camper vans to work on, and most of them drive their vans out again after a few days, but sometimes, I never see the person again. And it seems like he always has more and more vans parked next to his garage. Also, he has a really huge barbecue grill that he pulls out in front of the garage sometimes, but he never cooks beef... just pork."

Matt Roberds