Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:27:52 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: problems starting while warm
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Craig,

After reading the string on the link http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archive/index.php/o-t--t-227277--.html

I recall that someone told me to change the wire going to the coolant temperature switch as well, if the wire had a nick in it, and corrosion gets in, then the resistance rises, causing a false signal to the ECU.

I now recall that my problem with my 1.9L went away when I changed the coolant temperature switch (it was 10 years ago!). I've owned my van since 87.

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie