Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:19:59 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      What's my behr unit worth?

I'm thinking about selling my behr unit after looking into all the new stuff. I can't put it on my diesel westy till I get the TD engine back in it, and that's not going to be anytime soon anyway. It's taking up a bunch of room in my garage right now in two separate boxes.

I bought it years ago and have never installed it, so I don't know if it works. I have tested the 12 blower motors, and they work, I've also had them apart to clean and lubricate.

The vents are there, so are the switches, harness, all wiring, condenser, evaporator, short hoses and ducting (included for reference length, you'll have to buy new tubes as these have been mashed) and so forth. In fact everything is there, as far as I know, but the compressor and the long hoses to the compressor. There is even a housing to relocate the radio, but I think it is a generic one.

The condenser is in fair shape. The Behr condensers are said to be better than the vanagon OEM. Some careful fin straightening would be called for in a few places, just cosmetic. I built a wooden box just to keep the thing in.

I don't want to put it on ebay for someone to turn around and resell. Someone has asked me about it right out of the blue, but I don't know what they are worth. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim