Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:04:09 -0300
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT E85 in our future?

Oops! Sorry Dennis: I forgot to mention that commercial vehicles were exempt. It was cars and light trucks I was referring to, but you are right in theory "Cylinder count is not necessarily an indication of horsepower or fuel consumption" but generally it is. It has been shown that taxes on fuel will stop people for a while but they quickly adjust and with a few well timed price reductions and contrived shortages then surpluses, we are all right back at it. Whereas a one-time break on the purchase of a eco friendly vehicle produces a longer effect on fuel consumption. As well, most motor homes across the ocean are 2.5 - 3.0 liter turbo diesels and are not the behemoths that we have over here.

David (dsl82westy)