Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:57:19 -0700
From:         Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      More Newbie Questions

Well, my first summer as a vanagonaut has arrived. I had my mechanic charge the ac system in my 90 GL cause it wasn't blowing cold. It works now, frosty cold. I am wondering if the ac is supposed to be this noisy? I hear whining and fan noises from the front, the rear, and the vents. I assume everything is fine since I drove around all day yesterday with it turned on. Power loss to the ac seemed pretty substantial.

I finally got my incessant oil pressure buzzer issue resolved. Ended up changing the controller board in the dash and that did the trick.

I have noticed the van occasionally dumps white colored smoke out the exhaust. I also see that my mechanic has me running way too much oil, like 1/2 inch past full on the dipstick. Engine sounds fine, heat levels look good, etc. Normally I see smoke 1 in 10 times coming down from high rpm driving like on the interstate, >4000 rpm. AC on or off doesnt matter. I dont like making a smoky mess all over when I drive, so I'd love to know what is causing this. My engine is in pretty good shape, no leaks, rebuilt to fix the factory head gasket in the last 50k.

I am needing a replacement left side power mirror, white/off white preferably. The mirror surface on mine appears to be delaminating. If anyone has one let me know how much you want for it please.

What tips does anyone have perhaps for preventing rust? I am seeing rust start on the rear gate and in the seam behind the driver's door.

Thanks all,

Jeff 90 GL

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/