Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:45:13 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fan noise?

I agree for the larger fans, when it kicks on high the people inside the vehicle notice and wonder what is wrong and if the wheels are going to fall off.

There are several different radiator fan temp switches available. If someone puts the lowest temp version in they can expect to hear the fan a lot more than before. I tried one and took it right back out. It is meant for other VW/Audi vehicles but is sold by various vendors as a substitute Vanagon part. The other 2 switches are close to what VW fitted originally. The 1.9 as well as 1.6NA diesels use the highest temp switch and run the fan less. 2.1 models get the middle range switch and run the fan more but not much on high speed unless the A/C is on.

Mark