Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:49:47 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trade 4WD for our 1988 Westy camper?
Comments: To: PDL <salsa_van@YAHOO.COM>

Patricia,

Don't do it!!! Global warming will prevent future snow storms. (at least that's what Al Gore is telling us).

If you get stranded in a Westy, at least you have a place to sleep in comfort. Anyone can own an SUV, but it takes a special person to own a Westy!

Yes, I own an 84 Westy, and 2 - AWD wagons (1997 Subaru Outback, and 2000 Volvo Cross Country)... and when it snows, I take these cars. I try not to subject my Westy to the salt, slush and snow of the Michigan winters.

In the past, when I did drive my Vanagon in the winter, a set of snow tires really helped me make it through the winters on my northern Michigan ski / snow adventures. Yes, I did keep a set of easy to strap on snow chains, just in case.

Keep your Westy... it will only go up in value, unlike the SUVs of the world.

My 2 cents...

Jack R. 84 Westy, Wolfie - Owned since 1987! N. of Detroit MI