Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:59:33 -0800
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Something is draining my battery...
Comments: To: Billy Hirt <zbillman@comcast.net>

I just got done with this problem. My battery drained twice in equal periods of 10 days. I managed to contact the P.O. who told me about the stereo kill-switch. I got the van in April, 2007, and had not been told about it. The stereo can run with the motor turned off, so I guess they had to put in the kill switch to keep it from draining the battery. Why they didn't install it to the aux battery, I don't know! The stereo still keeps its settings with the kill-switch turned off. Patti 90 Westy Automatic **********************************************

On 6/13/07, Billy Hirt <zbillman@comcast.net> wrote: > > Todd, > > I just had a very similar situation. I installed a new cd deck and over > the > span of 4 days the battery was drained. I did exactly what Joe suggested > you do. The problem was not in my radios memory drawing to many amps but > in > the switched power wire. While I had my head under the dash I kept > hearing > a noise like a cd was trying to load or eject. Even though there was no > cd > inserted. When the radio was installed both the memory and the power wire > had been tied together to a direct hot. Like a VW, you can listen to the > radio without the key in. I simply put the switched (not the memory wire) > to a switched circuit. I have also seen people add a toggle switch. Hope > this helps. > Billy Hirt > > On 6/13/07, Todd Last <rubatoguy@comcast.net> wrote: > > > > I'm trying to track what is draining my battery.. My stereo does take > some > > current to keep its memory alive, can anyone tell me what a reasonable > limit > > to any current drain would be for a radio? > > > > If I don't drive it, the van battery will die within a weekend. > > > > thanks, > > > > Todd > > '88 Westy > > >