Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:22:56 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Door window installation question

I am installing a new passenger side door window in my `87 Syncro with manual windows. The old window is out, thanks to a large rock and somebody that has no regard for other peoples property. I have removed the interior door panel, moisture barrier, wing window assembly, regulator, and the seals around the window opening. I personally removed the replacement window from my parts van and of course the installation should be the reverse of the removal procedure. The problem that I am having is getting the wing window into place with the main door glass setting inside the door. The door glass is just resting on the bottom of the door and I know that to get the wing window in place you have to roll it in from a horizontal plane and then rotate it to vertical and push it into place. How do you accomplish this and get the door glass into proper position at the same time? With the wing window out the door glass drops into place easily and with the door glass out you can install the wing window with no problem, but how do you get both into position at the same time? Is there an obvious trick that I am missing? The Bentley is of course useless for this procedure, it shows a nice exploded view with no instructions properly addressing glass replacement. I have installed door glass in other makes and models before but this one is being difficult or I am less patient than I used to be, either choice is possible. TIA Mark in AK - wanting to keep the mosquito's out and provide more opportunities(targets) for people with large rocks