Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:35:37 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Re: rear brakes ?  And Bently Books are sometimes slim on info..
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Thanks, glad I asked. I would have been in there barking knuckles and swearing and going backwards on the left side..

Added subject line: Bently books...ARE pretty slim on needed info many times. Just yesterday, I had two problems with the green Vanagon book..Looked everywhere around on the brake pages trying to find text, then even a pic showing the adjusting wheel directions to loosen and tighten the shoes...Nuttin' I could find... Before that, I was replacing the rubber bushings in my steering rack..The bushings have some flats on them, they aren't a complete disc. I did the swap before I even noticed the flats on the bushings..No real mention, until I went back into the Bently and noticed a small parenthetical note to align the flats vertically...Of course, I'd done it with the flats aligned horizontally..so I had to do it over again...Seems like the book should have just put that into the main text...which way the bushings are supposed to go seems pretty important..if you notice the flats are there at all... BTW, replacing those did help a little with my van's sensitivity to side wind gusts..but not as much as I had hoped it would.

anyway, thanks again, Mark. Don Hanson ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Drillock" <mdrillock@cox.net> To: "Don Hanson" <dhanson@GORGE.NET> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:58 AM Subject: Re: rear brakes ?