Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:38:00 +0000
From:         Todd Brown <dermultivan@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Motor Mount HELP!

So, I'm out at AA Transaxle dropping off my core with Daryl and I ask him if he knows why my exhaust has recently begun to knock against the engine carrier. He says, "Probably a motor mount's worn out." So, I call up Bus Depot and order a set, which arrived today and I dig into the project after searching the archives on installation. Someone from 2004 said it's no problem to get at the upper bolts - PLEASE, how is this possible w/out removing the main pulley/belts/etc? Of course, I dug in and started the project; so the engine's propped, the carrier is off and I've managed to install the outer, passenger-side mount - but the other three...help! Is there some special snake-like wrench with a 13mm end that could wiggle through the belts or around the splash guards that I need to hunt down at the tool store or what?! Oh...and Daryl: GOOD CALL - the driver's side outer mount crumbled apart as I dropped the carrier. Bad, because now I can't reverse the process and 'try another day' without successfully replacing at least that driver's outer mount! THANKS, Todd B91 Orly Weekender 'Gisela' _________________________________________________________________ Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile! http://mobile.msn.com