Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:25:44 -0700
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Outhouse fan
Comments: To: Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@vickersdesign.com>

Yah I had heard of that mod and was planning on doing it in conjunction with my floor butchering, er, mod.

I think I had heard of the venting mod via Alistair on this list.

It's a good idea. Thanks.

There are times when my van is closed up with top down. Gets pretty hot in there as you all know.

The introduction of cooler air from underneath van coupled with a vent fan should work well.

On 6/15/07, Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@vickersdesign.com> wrote: > I think it would be better to vent the airspace behind the fridge > rather than introduce air into it. I don't use my city water hookup > and I've often thought that a tiny computer fan in place of the > hookup might do the trick. You'd need to prop the little city water > door open a bit when using it. I also have the GoWesty pump and fan > upgrade which is a MUCH better fan and cools the fins much better. > Really quiet. Bottom line is that nothing is going to keep the Dam- > etic cool when the temps get up past the 80s. I could sell you my > fridge and all my upgrades later this year when I get a Norcold... = ) > > Jeff > On Jun 15, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote: > > > Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:01:50 -0700 > > From: neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM> > > Subject: Re: Link to 12v DC outhouse exhaust fan? > > > > Computer fans have been suggested and added/used inside the refer > > itself, and at the back of the refer to supplement the stock fan. > > > > My idea is to draw air from underneath (outside of) van. > > > > A computer fan would work, but the fan I'm thinking of is likely more > > robust as it is designed to work in a vent pipe to vent gases from pit > > of an out- house. I believe it may have a higher CFM rating, though I > > haven't researched computer fans yet. > > > > There was a link to some pretty cool (pun intended) computer fans > > kindly posted to me from another lister. > > > > I'll check them out. > > > > Neil. >

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia.

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil