Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:15:20 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      IT WORKS!!! Mostly

Kinda. Well thanks to the mighty help of the list, a ton of luck, and a bit of fiddling i THINK my bus is running pretty decently or at least narrowed down to a timing issue and an exaust leak. With that said, i need a new exaust system (so my mechanic says). I knew i needed a muffler/tailpipe......possibly a cat (might be clogged), but he tells me manifolds are in my future and says its time to just replace the whole system. Problem is, A whole exaust for a 1.9 is big bucks. Does anyone have any spare exaust components lyin around they might want to trade for some of these amazing VW factory manuals i've come to possess? I'll trade the whole lot.

Lastly.....one problem still exists preventing me from driving my darling gray ghost, that lies in its inability to start when warm. I've heard of this before, but have no idea where to start. It fires right up, then i drive it.....then i shut it down.....and it wont restart till it's totally cooled. I just replaced both Temp 1 and Temp 2 sensors. Fuel Pump? Fuel Pump Relay? I thought these cars were incapable of vaporlock. Fires right up when cool.

I just put Pergo Hardwood floors in. Removed my middle seat (permanantly), and just have to finish the trim before i deem it gorgous. But with my full length Z bed and pergo flooring, this 5 seater is a spacious utilitarian vehicle with sleeping capabilities and the luxuries of a high end mercedes (like headlights and windshield wipers!). With that said, thank you....."The List", I've enjoyed your rambles and the fun, and am glad i've found such a great resource!

-Craig '85GL Camperated Sunroof Van