Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Jun 2007 08:34:13 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Le Mans (off topic)

I saw a little of Speed Channel's coverage of Le Mans 24 hour sports car endurance racing last evening..Leading was an Audi TDI diesel prototype and second, another diesel from Peugeot(sp?) The commentators mentioned that the reason we hadn't seen any involvement by Peugeot over here in the US is that the US is very "Anti-diesel". Unlike Europe and the ROTW. They mentioned that like over 60% of all vehicle sales currently in Europe are diesel powered, hence the involvement by Audi and Peugeot, racing their diesel prototypes at Le Mans...(not to mention they are faster AND greener)

I find it pathetic that the "Working Girls" who pimp for major corporations here in the US congress are legislating against diesel powered vehicles when they seem to be proving themselves much more efficient, in the Rest Of The World..But then, our US congress hasn't actually acknowledged that Global Warming exists, or that our mid east policy is a world wide joke.

I understand there is even talk in Wow-fornia about banning private diesel transport...Weird that..

Don Hanson

Sorry for the controversial off topic post, but it amazes me how deep we Americans can sometimes bury our heads in the sand..