Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:08:28 -0600
From:         Ryan Miller <rmiller@AZTECA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thoughts on conversions (kinda LONG)

You took the words right out of my mouth Ben. I installed my 2.5 last year and couldn't be happier. I easily cruise at 70-80 mph on the freeway with plenty of power to spare. The stock air cooled transmission in my van has a gear ratio that works just fine, so no need to change out to a taller 4th.

Gone are the days of drafting big rigs just to make it up a hill. Now, I race past them to the top.

I also regularly get 22-24 miles to the gallon. I was lucky to get 16-18 with my old engine.

Thinking of rebuilding that old tired leaky wasser or air box? Don't waste the money. Upgrade to the engine that should have been put in these vans from the start. You will thank yourself later.

My 2 cents.

Ryan '82 Camper Van 'Beethoven'