Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:16:43 -0300
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quality Inverters

Hi Neil: The Inverter (grounded to the chassis) is permanently mounted behind the drivers seat on the cabinet wall. The DC power comes in from the spare (house) battery and the out going AC power (3 wire) is piped through a 2-way light switch mounted inside the lower cabinet beside the water tank. This switch accepts either AC from the campground or AC from the inverter, but not both at the same time (to avoid blowing the Inverter again). From here it is then run through a GFI circuit and into the existing circuit breaker and hence to the Westy distribution system. I think I had a couple of surprises (shocks) early on but that was through shear stupidity and prior to the GFI circuit. It has not given me a bit of trouble since I installed it and it's been 6 years now. The fridge runs very well on Propane, AC or DC depending on the supply of each. The DC is Solar based when camping with my 120 Watt Solar Panel.

David(dsl82westy) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Ok. So you connected the inverter to the Westy's 12v system, (house or >starter battery) then plugged refer AC into inverter? > >Because your refer ran better on AC? > >Just curious. > >Neil. > >-- >Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia. > >http://web.mac.com/tubaneil >