Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:42:40 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Timing belt - Subie engines

>> So for those 5, is it worted for a company like Vanaru to built such a book or a video sold WITH such a kit, the installation involve many testing, wiggling, fitting, adapting... <<

I think an installation video would be priceless. That would go for Vanaru, Bostig and all the other vendors who sell kits. A video is 1000x more useful in some circumstances that written instructions.

Also, snippets from this video available on their websites would allow allot of people to see how easy (or how hard) the job was and determine for themselves if they want to undertake the job.

I would think that you are correct that 5% could do the job but I think a number that low only pertains to those who choose the route of buying the KEP kit, Vanaru harness, a beat 2.2 that needs a timing belt, etc. and doing all the hard stuff themselves. As for a complete kit, I'll bet the number is much higher for those on this list.

My thoughts, I'm lurking on all the engine replacement websites learning as much as I can for that day when I don't feel like dealing with the Waterboxer anymore or it quits. So far all I can say is the replacement engine will be as low a mileage as I can afford. I'm not the type that would spend all that time and money to stick an engine with 200K miles into it.

Bryan