Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:24:25 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heat resistance of VDO dual sender
Comments: To: Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@PHAS.UBC.CA>

Mr. Pfrommer: I was shocked as well after reading the Volkscafe instructions/guidelines for their installation. What a stupid place to mount a rubber hose and an oil pressure sender where a road rock could take it all out in one shot.

I had a custom made #4 Stainless steel Teflon hose(Aeroquip no less) with swedged fittings on each end and about 15" long for under $15. I bought the gauge and dual sender unit used on ebay for dirt cheap and bought a P clamp at the local hardware store. Yes, you need to ground the sending unit. I mounted mine on top of the crankcase near the 3/4 side using an existing threaded hole in the case that mounted something I no longer needed and that was over 5 years ago and no problems with heat. Even with the brass 1/8"npt fittings I bought the total cost was under $40. The hell with that buzzer system!! Mine's hooked up, but it's not going to fail and cook my motor now. Good luck with your ijnstall. I think you are on the right track.

DM&FS