Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:06:00 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: New Engine Conversion

I'm just speaking as a consumer and I just thought I'd add a thought. There seems to be several conversions available out there and the primary one seems to be the Subaru. Over the years multiple shops have taken what others have done and seemed to improve on each others designs over the years. The Subaru conversion has come a long way since the first group of people where splicing wires at home with their KEP adapter plate in hand. I would think if there was another vendor doing Zetec conversions this might allow the community to do the same thing with this engine as with the Subaru. There would be improvements made (if there needs to be any) and we'd have other vendors to go to if say one supplier or another decided to retire on us. As a consumer I'm much more concerned about future parts and repairs then I am about whether I have lots of engine choices. The one with the best gas mileage will always be my choice, more horsepower than the 1.9 WBX is a given.

Bryan