Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:28:56 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@WHISPLLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Da FIX!! Loose exhaust bolt again. fix if stripped?
Comments: To: Bob Donalds <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>

Hi all and thanks for the info on the Exhaust bolt. Pulled the old bolt of 8x1.25 20mm long. replaced with a Socket head 25mm long 8x1.25 bolt and lock washer. Head was never striped just a little sloppy on the 1st little bit of thread so I guess it just walked out a bit. I did have a 30 mm in my stash as well but I will put that one in the van with the 6mm ball end allen wrench for just that day. I find if you put the part in the Bus it will never go bad on the Bus. I tried using a 13mm headed 25 mm long bolt but it was just to hard to get the right angle to tighten it like I wanted Probably why the other wouldnt stay tight is do to not tightening that well. But the Allen Wrench was sweet and simple. The 1.9L is going to be replaced with a conversion sooner or later but Im just wondering what the New wave of conversions are going to look like. The conversion is wanted since I want to put a small cargo ( size of a Garden Cart ) behind it and be fully loaded with everything known to man and my wife and 2 kids. So I just want the power But the 1.9L is fun and fully rebuilt so it will probably run for a few more miles. C-ya Jonce