Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:43:35 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: [vjmc] tune up sequence- Timing Tools
Comments: To: oowonbs@netscape.net

Hi Bill,

If you're gonna use a timing light, I'd say a dwell meter is pretty much indispensable. Switch it to the RPM setting and then you can be sure that the timing is set to the proper advance at the recommended RPMs. (950 +/-50 is what I aim for in my aircooled bus).

Idle speed and timing have to be set up together. You NEED a dwell meter to do that, unless you already have a tach in the engine compartment.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/77/79 Westfakia "Bob The Tomato www.pottsfamily.ca www.busesofthecorn.com