Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:41:51 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mega oil leak
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Get down and look up under the left side of the engine where the oil filter mounts. Above the oil filter will be an aluminum box with coolant hoses in and out. It's an oil cooler with a big o-ring under it. Huge potential leak source. Spin off the oil filter, then remove the cooler nut. If you take the threaded tube out, you can slip the new o-ring in and then replace the rest of the stuff.

Jim