Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:57:02 -0400
From:         Mike S <mikes@FLATSURFACE.COM>
Subject:      Re: eBay Professor for Vanagon parts ...
Comments: cc: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

At 03:57 PM 6/24/2007, The Bus Depot wrote... > He misspells "Volkswagon." > >No bargains here at all. On every Vanagon part in his Ebay store, even >his >"10% off 1-Day Sale" prices are higher than my everyday prices.

Well, as long as it's "criticize a vendor" day, I'll mention my past two orders with Bus Depot, which were very much less than impressive.

I place a fairly large order on 12/18 and 19 (a Monday and Tuesday) last year with the expectation that I would be able to take advantage of some time off I had the next (Christmas) week to do some work on my Vanagon.

The items I needed to do that work were all indicated as "Usually ships in 1-3 days." They're in PA, I'm in MI, normally 2 days UPS ground. My reasonable expectation was that I would have the parts the next week. When nothing had showed up, I called to check on the 27th (Wednesday), nothing had been shipped. I was assured that it would ship that day.

Not only didn't it ship in the 1-3 days I reasonably expected, it also didn't ship on the day I had specifically been promised when I called. It ended up shipping so it wasn't delivered until after the new year.

So much for customer service and honesty. I gave up on Bus Depot.

Recently, I decided to give them another chance. On June 7, I ordered a pop-top seal kit, which was again indicated as "Usually ships in 1-3 working days." Nope, didn't ship until the 19th, TWELVE FULL DAYS later.

I've also got some parts on "backorder" with them from last fall. Their invoices, which are inconsistently emailed, indicate some items as "backordered." As they say - "Items that have a quantity in the Backordered column, and do NOT have the word Dropship below the item, are currently out of stock but we expect to receive more. " I don't expect I'll ever get those parts. There is no way to check on the web site.

No bargains there, very misleading shipment assurances (I know they're not actual promises), and lies from customer service. Never again.