Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:05:27 -0400
From:         Mike S <mikes@FLATSURFACE.COM>
Subject:      Re: eBay Professor for Vanagon parts ...
Comments: To: ron@busdepot.com

At 06:29 PM 6/24/2007, The Bus Depot wrote... > In fact, you chose Economy shipping, which specifies that you expect > to see your parts in 7-10 business days. (It says this four times, in > fact

If that's what you're pitching, then you should change your web listings to say so, instead of the current claim of "Usually ships in 1-3 days (sooner if ordered via air shipment)"

It's disingenuous to fall back to delivery times, when the item listings specifically quote time to shipment. Obvious statements on every item page supercede ones buried in on a shipping policy one. If, as you claim, "orders are processed in the order received," then the time-to-ship should be more accurate of the two. It's also the only thing for which you can take credit or blame. I understand that UPS times are beyond your control - which means things would have only been worse if I were on the west coast. You expect some kind of credit for the fact that I live closer to you than others.

Neither of the last two orders shipped in 1-3 working days, so your attempt to distinguish between "working" and "calendar" days is again, disingenuous.

I already admitted that the times were not a "promise." But they are very clearly an expectation which YOU set with the customer. If you don't want the customer to think their order will ship in "1-3 days," why do you make that claim? You advertise it as if it is a benefit, but you don't want to be held accountable. For that, you are responsible. I'm a reasonable guy, things occasionally happen, but there IS NO EXCUSE for not notifying the customer (especially with a web order) that you will not be able to meet that expectation.

I notice you made no mention of the backordered parts dating to November, but you still want credit for shipment for the rest of the order, as if meeting an expectation you set should count as exceptional service. Why don't we average things out? 8 items shipped in 1 day, 2 items still not shipped (over 180 days); that averages to about 36 days and counting.

Neither did you respond to the fact that I was specifically *promised* by one of your employees that an order would ship on the same day I called, but it did not ship until the next day, which moved actual delivery to the following week, past the time I had available to make use of the parts.