Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:05:58 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hittin the road

Well,

for those of you who have been following this thread, I literally hit the road Saturday afternoon on my ten-speed.

I had just left Walnut Hill Park in New Britain, Conn, Mom's hometown, and was heading down past the hospital towards downtown, to take more pictures.

The pavement is new there and the road crew covered a small pipe cover with blacktop, masking it. Hitting that dip at 15 mph felt like the bike was going off a cliff. I slid on the pavement 25 feet and scraped my self up bad. My right shoulder is injured to the point I can only move my forearm.

After about ten minutes of just trying to deal with the pain, I marched back up the hill and a lady watering flowers gave me aid and she and her husband dressed my wounds.

I camped in Willow Brook Park and could barely move this morning. Some medince helped, and a couple walking their dogs went home and brought back some bandages and ointment.

I could'nt drive today and am leaving in the morning. A local ebay customer and Vanagon guy named Doug came to drive me to Burger Thing for dinner.

Nice weather here in Connecticut makes me think I'm in California.

Seattle today was 59 and raining. SO I will tryt to enjoy the ride back on new tires and hopefully I won't have anyb more problems.

Robert

1982 Westfalia

____________________________________________________________________________________ Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz