Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:39:59 -0700
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: What's really amazing about engine transplants?

Don,

I totally agree with you! Never before have I felt my ride was anything more than a way to get from A to B. Until I bought a Westy. Just a few weeks ago my girlfriend and I took a few days off to stay at Steep Ravine which is an environmental campground/cabins run by the CA state parks. The cabins are very spares and you have to haul everything you need from the van to the cabin, about 100 yrds. Makes me appreciate having all that stuff tucked away in the van when we are camping! We moved 4 large wheel barrow loads down to the cabin and still didn't get all of it. Bedding, upper bunk mattress, all the kitchen stuff, clothing, food, icebox, portable LP stove, 2 duffels of firewood, etc.

Point is, staying at that cabin was nice, but I would rather stay in the Westy and not have to haul all that stuff! Home is where the Westy is!

Keith

PS The other day I was loading my kayak on the Westy when a nice looking woman came by and commented on what a nice Vanagon I had and would I like to sell it. I smiled and said "over my dead body"! She looked at her girlfriend and said "you're a witness"! She wanted to kill me for the van! Gotta love that woman!