Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:42:55 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: eBay Professor for Vanagon parts ...

Definitely a front (see my Sunday evening postings). I drove by their address across the street from VWG/Airhead Parts again today to see what lurks behind the (now open) 2 roll-up doors. 4 cars inside, 2 on lifts, definitely looks like a repair shop. Has a Mezzanaine in the back, but I see no parts shelves, parts boxes or for that matter parts themselves. Curiouser and curiouser......... -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On 6/25/07, VW Doka <vw.doka@gmail.com> wrote: > > Of course, I had to look too... > > He is obviously reselling via one of the larger parts importers. He's > even > using the copyrighted photos from that companies website. > > And Ron is right... his prices actually suck. The few I looked up ( > - 171419812MY, Tie Rod End > - 211611047FEC, Wheel Cylinder > - 025121403B, Expansion Tank > - 251407361MY, Ball Joint > > Are of these parts all marked up well over 100%. > > And shipping.... He is charging $14.60 to ship a ball joint!! A 1 lb. > part! And $2.60 for insurance on a $27 item? This guy is making a lot > money on every aspect of his auctions. > > Good feedback though, so he must give good service. He should for that > kind > of $$$ > > Cheers, > > Jeff > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf > Of The Bus Depot > Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:57 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: eBay Professor for Vanagon parts ... > > > > I came accross this guy on eBay. He says, he > > has over a million $ worth of inventory and he is > > selling the stuff at the lowest prices I have seen > > so far anywhere. This guys's eBay seller ID is > > "time_n_money". Check his store, well organized. > > > Of course I had to go look. :-) It is a front for a company called GT > International in Ventura, California (never heard of 'em myself). He > appears to merely be relisting a large wholesaler's catalog, which he > probably orders in as needed or else dropships. He misspells > "Volkswagon." > > > No bargains here at all. On every Vanagon part in his Ebay store, even his > "10% off 1-Day Sale" prices are higher than my everyday prices. > > For example, his "10% off" sale price is $18 plus an inflated $13 shipping > for a Mahle ball joint. But my everyday price for the identical product > is > $12.80 with list discount ($13.47 without) plus about half the shipping > cost. Similarly, he sells Indian made wheel cylinders cost (which he > questionably claims to "meet or exceed OEM specs") for about the same as > my > European made ones. And you could buy a PAIR of rear hatch struts from me > for about what he charges for just one on his website. Out of curiosity, I > also randomly checked a couple of Jetta parts (since BusDepot.com also > covers all VW models), and found similar results. > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com > (215) 234-VWVW > > _____________________________________________ > Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT