Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:04:03 -0400
From:         Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: What is it with the US? (No real van content)
Comments: To: Mike S <mikes@flatsurface.com>

One should also take into consideration how much energy goes into the production of gas and diesel from petroleum, not to mention lives of military and innocents around the globe, and wasteful use of tax dollars. Corn ethanol is one of the worst ways to produce ethanol, not only in yield but in production costs. But it sure does make our 'government' look like they're doing something good, something to make us 'feel good', when in fact it's the opposite. Go figure.

Some oils, and I believe the algae oils may fall into this category as well, can be used directly after filtering, no biodiesel conversion process necessary.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Biodiesel_from_Algae_Oil http://www.oilgae.com/ http://www.renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/news/story?id=45323 http://biodiesel.rain-barrel.net/biodiesel-from-algae/

Karl