Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:18:46 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: What is it with the US? (No real van content)
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>

Hi Karl,

That statement makes HUGE assumptions about the type and quality of the fuel being burned in the power plant, the generators thermal efficiency, transmission line losses and battery/charging efficiency.

Here in Ontario it's a worst case scenario for all of the above, so an electric car may end up more of a polluter than a gas car. We do have wind, hydro-electric and nuclear power generating here but since all of that output is already spoken for the reality is that an electric Vanagon in Toronto is in actuality fueled by coal burned in Nanticoke On, or Ohio.

As they say, Your Milage May Vary.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/77/79 Westfakia "Bob The Tomato www.pottsfamily.ca www.busesofthecorn.com