Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:39:42 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C resuscitation - where to start?
Comments: To: Tom Myers <motmyers@HOTMAIL.COM>

When I bought my '87 the A/C blew hot, but the shop said the compressor was good. I tried the $30 R-134 kit from Advance Auto without any other changes (o-rings, receiver/dryer, etc.) and while not super cold it does cool the interior on a 90F day.

While this seems too good to be true, I am happy with it for now. I will likely replace the R/D and o-rings in the future, and perhaps the expansion valve, if the systeem needs further tweaking.

Sure beats the $2000 quote I got from the A/C guy who did my old truck and who evidently was trying to scare me away.

Stephen

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when. http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222