Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:20:52 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      VW Bus Books

I've received several requests for the VW Bus books that I have. The first one is Volkswagen Bus, Camper, Van and Pickup by Andrea and David Sparrow. This (like all the books) is a title from the UK so most of the pictures are either UK vans or US versions in the UK. This book has some nice pictures and the usual write-ups. Ben Pon's napkin, etc. etc.

Next there is VW Bus by William Burt. This has the same familiar van history stories but worth the money for the cool pictures. He does have some wrong info in there like the Vanagon pickup not being popular in the US. How can it be popular when we can't by it.

As I'm looking through this stack I can't find the book that has all the current Brazilian bay windows that they are still making today with a water cooled 1.4 litre. I'll look for it later.

The next is Traveling with the VW Bus and Camper by David and Cee Eccles. This one is real nice. This book has chapters that are stories written by people traveling around the world in their VW Bus or about the history of some classic busses. Very well done and there are some nice escapism stories of traveling through parts of the world I wound never even consider. Lots of nice photos too.

VW Camper - The Inside Story. This is the history of most of the camper conversions done to VW since the bus came out. Really good reading. You'll defiantly get your picture "fix" with this book. I was also curios to see who made my '72 camper which had a sunroof instead of a pop-top. It looked like the furniture was from a Westy but had nicer upholstery. It turns out some camper conversion companies bought their interiors from Westfalia so that's probably where mine came from.

I have "VW Bus: Forty Years of Splitties,Bays & Wedges" coming tomorrow from Amazon and "Camper: 40 years of freedom: an A-Z of popular Camper Conversions " which is not available until August. He must still be writing it.

Anybody get those VW Camper magazines from the UK? I think the BD sells them.

Thanks, Bryan