Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:18:44 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: What is it with the US? (No real van content)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

I think you guys went far OFF the original post, who was a great one by the way.

You don't need Diesel car/van to make a difference, just drive a smaller car and you will right away make a huge difference, but hey, we all know that people need something really bad to happen before stuff change, so sadly, people will still drive huge car/van in 10 years. So all that nice talk is for nothing. Unless the price of fuel go in the 5$ a gallon.

Government are plain stupid..

EX: in Quebec, the licence plate for a Sport motorcycle (and for all motorcycle in some ways) will rise CRASY in the next few years, since the last few years a was paying 320$ per year (in Quebec, it include some insurance/liability in the case of an accident-hospital, salary, close), next year it will cost me 650$, in 2009 - 1050$, in 2010 - 1500$... on top, if you don't have all "points" on your driver licence, you could also pay as much as 400$ for this one, that not including the personal insurance...

They want to kill the market because we had too many motorcycle accidents, everyone agree for a raise, but not 1500-2000$ to put your bike on a street for 4 month per year.

I drive my westy or my bike to work, i still how 2 years of loan on this one, i can't sell it out of province for now because i still how money on it, no one is buying bike in Quebec because of that new law! so i'm stuck with my bike for 2 more years, next year, i will maybe pay the 650$, but after that, that bike goes in sleep mode.

No one won't even steel it... :-)

Quebec as A LOT of motorcycle, why kill the market so hard and so suddenly? My dealer told me that he already lost 58% of it's sale from last year.

Anyway, stuff like that piss me off

Benny