Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:46:07 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW recommends 205/65-15 or 225/60-16 tires
Comments: To: Calwolfie@AOL.COM

Kevin, The 225/60-16 is a favorite choice of mine for automatic Vanagons. The slight increase in Diameter actually takes away most of the speedometer and odometer error and tires choices in the size are plentiful. The standard tire in that size has the required 97 load index. The down side is that it will not fit in the spare tire carrier. You do need to check that the tire is rated for the 4 psi inflation pressure so yu can maintain the factory recommended pressures for the original 205/70-14 reinforced. A number of manufacturers also make that size in XL or reinforced versions but these tires tend to be pricey.