Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:35:07 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Cup holder

I got sick of spilled coffee in my lap and on the floor so I built a two cup holder from some scrap teak I had laying around my shop. Basically, a shelf with two proper size holes to take some of those thermal long bodied cups with the screw on lids. The cup holes are on the ends of the shelf, which is about 1/4" thick and as long as that cowl that covers all the heater stuff ahead of the gearshift lever. Between the cup holes, I put a couple of uprights with a nice curve and a slight "fiddle" is the yachting term, on the front edge between the uprights, making a small tray for change, pens, small stuff. This shelf/cup holder is screwed onto the snap-on heater covering piece from the back side. Works good and looks nice. I also made a 'fiddle' or a coambing for the top of the dash. I "let" some magnets into the bottom of that to keep it in place. Makes it handy to toss stuff up there without fear of it plopping off, and you can just 'pluck' it off to wipe off the dash.. I have no place to post pics, but anyone interested, I'd send some along attached to email. Don Hanson