Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:47:27 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pressure System Confusion...
Comments: To: Ryan Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>

Once the high pressure warning is activated, it remains on until the system see the high pressure switch satisfied or the ignition is reset. My bet is that as you come down to idle, the circuit is activating on low pressure while still above the rpm set point. This is most likely happening after the highway drive or hill climb. Since it is intermittent, my bet is a marginal oil pressure problem.

Check the oil level and are you using the proper viscosity? Oil level should be between the marks, not at or above the full mark. Yes, this makes a difference. It is also possible the pressure switch is a bit flaky. Also make sure the cooling system is running properly. High water temp will make for high oil temps.

Dennis