Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:55:31 -0700
From:         Bob Donalds <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: exaust removal
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Its common place to turn a rounded off nut with a sharp chisel I first point the chisel straight into the nut to get a bite and then angle it in the so the nut turns counter clockwise. This often results in the nut splitting and that's ok just use a vise grip to spin it off Bolts can be a little tougher I often drill or cut the head off and remove the exhaust flange and this gives me a short stud to hammer on and grab with my favorite stud removal tool channel lock 410 pliers http://www.channellock.com/acb/stores/1/410_-_9_5_inch_NUTBUSTER_8482_P34.cfm they are what vise grip wish they could be Stud damage is a mater of percentage if the threads can be restored with a thread chaser and hold a nut tight thats all it needs to do

Bob Donalds Boston Engine

----- Original Message ----- From: "craig cowan" <phishman068@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 6:26 PM Subject: Re: exaust removal