Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:30:10 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Refrigerator help-yes, I've already searched the achieves
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Loren, you're right about the complexity of some of the stuff we talk about. But I installed my utilities in the driveway using only a level, some masking tape, a drill and a jigsaw.

Of course, my westy innards were not installed yet. I had to figure that out too!

I used the hookups I ordered from gowesty to make a cardboard template, and I tape that to the side of the camper using measurements supplied by another list member so I would know where to locate the set of three holes in relation to the panels seams.

Then I drilled a small hole in each corner and one hole big enough to get the saw blade in, and I cut away. I had plenty of 2 inch tape on the car so the saw wouldn't scuff the paint. Then I spotted holes for the fasteners and attached them before moving inside and hooking everything up.

It's not something just anyone would want to do, but it didn't take anything but common handyman tools.

I'd like to hear from Phil on this. I would also like to know if there is any "best" place to mount the fan.

Jim