Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:31:43 +0000
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bummer
Comments: To: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>

Was someone lamenting that the conversion made the Vanagon less authentic?

I just thought it was surprising that you could make such a swap - and questioning why you would do it when you could simply buy a used Syncro.

I thought only Jay Leno had more money than he knew what to do with that he spent by funding expensive crazy car conversions. :-)

I've never heard anyone call a replica GTO a crime - as long as the seller was honest in its represenataion.

Todd

-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM> > Yes, a two wheel drive can be made into a syncro. A 1964 Pontiac Tempest > can be made into a GTO,too. Nobody cares if the Vanagon is made into a > syncro(even at $67K), but if a Tempest is made into a GTO, it is a crime. > Why? Nobody cares if a Vanagon is converted to syncro and this fact is > hidden. Why?. > > Why are not people concerned about the correctness of the Vanagon? The > engine? I dont think so.Vanagon is not a classic? Hummmmm. > > This spring I believe that I found the fourth ever Canadian Vanagon > Westfalia in a junkyard. I have the documentation to show my claim,and I > gave it to the list to see.It was a document laminated to the rear of the > sink cabinet door. Nobody cared even a tiny bit. If I was a vendor(Im > not), I think it would be a nice item (the door) to frame and put on my > office wall.Can any document an earlier Vanagon? Who cares? > > I say all this because the Vanagon does fill a different space in > automnobilia, than is usual. I may try to sell an item for the Vanagon and > go to great lengths to show it original or correct, and few care even a > tiny bit. > > I dont think the person who eventually buys this GW Syncro will care a > tiny bit,that it is a fake syncro,or is it?