Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jul 2007 17:25:30 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Trying to locate other owners for NEW Syncro 16 List
Comments: To: "syncrolist@yahoogroups.com" <syncrolist@yahoogroups.com>

Hi folks,

I just realized that this was not posted in these two places where some of the Syncro 16's are lurking. I know of a few others which have not joined our new group so I thought checking here was in order.

Here's the current vehicle count from our Registry:

US = 10 Syncro 16's ( 3 are conversions) UK = 3 CA = 3 AU = 2 BE = 1 DE = 1 FR = 1

Of the above are 10 Dokas The rest (11) are vans or campers (Dehler Profi & Westfalia). Becha' didn't know there's at least that many Syncro 16's in the US, eh? The German guys aren't likely to join because they have their own highly successful list in their native language. Those of us challenged in Teutonic verse have to come up with out list.

Membership is currently open for Syncro 16 owners; T3 (Vanagons) converted 16" suspension (for this purpose that is defined as equipped with "extended rear swingarm" at least); and vendors who sell parts applicable to Syncro 16. Syncro 16 owners face different challenges in modifications and obtaining parts especially outside of the EU as compared to Syncro 24 owners.

Discussions will be limited to parts interchangeability, production and manufacturing data, and other Syncro 16 specific activity. Yeah, it will be too boring for some of you because we will not have a free-for-all-drag-out fight Friday. Engine modifications and body mods do not belong on this List. What does? Here's an example: One member suggested Passat CV's are interchangeable with Syncro 16 rears. Another member discussed the relative merits of using 930 CV's and relative durability compared to stock 16 CV/axle.

We'd love to open it up to everybody but the recent majority vote by the membership expressed the current membership requirements. If you're applied to join and have not gotten a response, it just means evaluation is in process. Otherwise, you will get a rejection email. Man don't that sound like a job application? Sorry, I just work here.

Here's the hope that some 16 owner is lurking and sees this posting. For those of you where this does not apply, please excuse the intrusion into your day. Have a Happy 4th of July weekend.

Cheers,

BenT