Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Jul 2007 18:10:03 -0500
From:         Gregor Brandt <gbrandt@MARIONETTE.CA>
Subject:      Re: Additional tail lighting
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>

It was suggested on this list to upgrade the taillamps to P21's. They fit and are much brighter. I did this with no problem but was unhappy that the taillight and brakelight had the same brightness. I eventually found a lamp labelled R10W, the exact same lamp as the stock 5 watt bulb, but 10 watts. So I get brighter without any possible issues.

Gregor

On Fri, July 6, 2007 9:21 pm, Edward Maglott wrote: > I've been wanting to add some additional lights to the back of the > van to augment the somewhat feeble stock lights. One of my concerns > is that when i have my bike on the back of the van, the lights are > partly blocked by it, making matters even worse. I noticed this > light on sale the other day at harbor freight tools for $12.99: > http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=93263 > > My idea would be to put two of these in the back window at the upper > corners, glued to the inside of the glass. They would be out of view > from inside, since they would be up in the area of the AC cabinet. I > already have the electrical converter for trailer lights that makes > the 2 bulb light system work with the 3 bulb system of the > Vanagon. So that would take care of that issue. I went and looked > at it in the store, and they are bigger than I thought they would > be. 4 inches. Later, I noticed some lights on trucks that I see on > my commute. (I like trucks > lately: > http://www.flickr.com/photos/emaglott/sets/72157594574573264/ ) I > noticed what appeared to be this type of light fixture on some > trucks. 10 LEDs with a little magnifying lens for each. 5 on each > circuit. Quite bright and that piercing LED light that really seems > to catch your attention. > > This is a project just in the thinking phase, but here I toss it out > to the list for consideration... > > Edward >