Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jul 2007 07:00:48 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Member Stranded in France - call for help

French Members of the vanagon Community,

One of our community members is stranded at a campground in Nevez, in need of a gear box.

86 Westy with the 2.1 litre engine and the AAP code 5-speed box.

Please forward this note to anyone you think might be able to help.

Note ... I forward this note to Pierre-Jean of the French Syncro club.

Niall,

Do you have a phone number that someone can use to reach you.

larry chase www.roadhaus.com

-----Original Message----- From: Niall Mac Caughey [mailto:nmacc@yahoo.com] Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 2:57 AM To: roadguy@roadhaus.com Subject: Stranded!

Hi Larry it's Niall Mac Caughey from Ireland here,

I'm sorry for pestering you directly, especially as it's been such a long time since I contributed to the list, but my family & I are in a bit of a hole - although that's not a fair way to describe this part of France.

We headed off on the annual family holiday only to have the gearbox disintegrate just as we arrived at our destination here in Nevez, southwest Brittany. The local garages have been helpful, but all attemts to track down a rebuild, exchange, scrapper or even a new box have failed.

Our ferry leaves on Thursday about 150km north of here & we have no mobility at all right now, having returned to the campsite last night on the back of a wrecker.

The local garage is helpful and willing to slap in any motor/box combo we can find at a moment's notice - we just have to find one.

I don't suppose the Vanagon network has any contacts in France?

All advice appreciated - thanks

Niall