Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:14:44 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diagnosing Water Pump Failure

Make sure the belt for the water pump/alternator is not too tight. Every mechanic I know of all torqued it way too tight. I had to let it go a bit loose. My 83 westy is still using the original water pump. My 84's pump failed recently. Otherwise it would have been more than 20 years on the van too. The reason it failed was I drove it with too low of coolant/water ratio in the cooling system. I had a leak somewhere and I did not want to pollute the street. I kept on topping up with water only before I found out exactly how bad the leak was. What a lesson I learned!

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#news