Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:02:02 -0700
From:         Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@PHAS.UBC.CA>
Subject:      Re: my '80 is gone...
Comments: To: Wil Haslup <whaslup@GMAIL.COM>

Do you have his number? I would have an air-cooled running 1980 for about 1000 Can$ here in Vancouver for sale. Thomas

Wil Haslup wrote: > Well, after two listings on craigslist a guy came and offered $500 for > my '80. I had listed it at $650 OBO. I had a handful of calls and one > guy offered $350 sight unseen to put it on a car hauler on his way back > to NY...guess he was a used parts guy or something. I turned him down > and the next day the other guy came by and I had the cash that afternoon. > > He had to leave it for nearly two weeks while he moved something else > out of his place to make room but he got it towed yesterday. > > He said he would fix the clutch slave, do some local hauling to the dump > and planned to ship it to Africa within 6 months. I was surprised and > asked how much that would cost and he said $1500-2000. I responded it > wasn't worth that but he said labor is cheap there and the vehicle is > prized for it's utility, heavy suspension, etc. It can be ambulance, > hearse, truck, etc. > > I doubt there's a money making opportunity here but keep it in mind if > you've got aircooled vanagons to get rid of. I imagine the poor quality > of the heating system isn't a concern in Africa either. Heh. > > Now that my drive is clear another friend from D.C. will be parking his > '91 here when he retires and moves to Montana or Nebraska or one of > those places out west...rather than ship it. I haven't decided if I'm > going to buy it or resell it for him yet. > > > > > -- > Sincerely, > > -- Wil > >