Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:46:53 -0400
From:         Jason Ewing <uberhare@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coke vs Pepsi was Inside a Subi engine EJ22

I had an interesting conversation when I called Kennedy Eng. for my diesel adapter plate. The guy on the phone tried to convince me to buy the Suby kit since it would have "more power". Myself, I prefer the smell of diesel. Or maybe its the fuel economy. :) I'm going to be using a chipped TDI motor with larger injectors and eventually a VNT20.

But you are correct, everyone has individual needs. With the rising fuel costs, I'll take the best mileage I can get these days.

Jason Ewing

On 7/14/07, Paul Guzyk <paullist@guzyk.com> wrote: > Volks, > > There is no single answer for which engine is best in a Vanagon. It > is completely subjective and based on individuals needs and opinions. > Let's try to make our statements regarding engines without having to > use disparaging comments and/or flamesuites. > > Personally I prefer Subaru's, but I also drive Vanagons with > waterboxers and am about to buy a diesel powered Vanagon....and maybe > one day I'll drive something completely different. > > I can see how Ben is very emotional about Subaru's, and perhaps he > has been drinking a lot of the Subaru Kool-Aid lately, but he has > worked on more Waterboxers than most of us so his opinions ought to > be considered. > > Bottom line, > > It's like saying, which is a better cola? Coke or Pepsi? > Or which computer is better? Mac or PC? > > There is no 100% correct answer...weigh the arguments and choose what > is right for YOU! >