Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:10:59 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Interior lighting

I replaced my incandescent bulbs in the "torpedo" light fixture with LED bulbs. The light is very blue but the amperage is ridiculously low. I've tried both the 9 LEDs per bulb and the 18 per bulb and the 18s are somewhat whiter as well as brighter obviously. I think the "white" LEDs will keep getting whiter in time but i believe that you need to have red, green and white LEDs running at the same time to make true "white" light. That limits how bright an LED bulb can get since now 3 LED bulbs have to fit in a defined space that formerly was occupied by one.